Let me begin by thanking you, our Board and our devoted Staff for making this another successful and deeply gratifying year at CPA. Among the many accomplishments we can be proud of, and more importantly did together, are the following:
- Under the direction and leadership of Rick Murai we hosted another highly successful International Juried Exhibition drawing submissions from over 200 photographers worldwide;
- We continued to demonstrate the importance of PIE workshops which remain highly regarded and richly rewarding to the participants- as they readily tell us;
- Our annual 8×10 Fundraising Exhibition raised over $13,000 thanks to the generous donations of our artists as well as our many raffle ticket purchasers;
- We put on 2 major events including a Celebration of the Life of Ruth Bernhard and the 50th Anniversary of the Friends of Photography;
- We launched a new and greatly improved redesign of our website; and
- All this was done without in any way detracting from the quality programs, lectures and exhibitions you have come to depend on.
As we wind down this year, Brian and his team are already gearing up for an equally rewarding 2018. But none of this could be possible without your support and encouragement. Feedback as always is welcomed and encouraged.
Until we come together again for our 1st event of the New Year, I send every best wish for the Holidays. And if you continue to enjoy the warm spirit and community you find at CPA please consider an end of year gift through Monterey Gives.
Thank you for all your support and generosity. We couldn’t do any of this without you.
Board of Trustees
Michael Kenna Addressing Audience. © Jack Wasserbach. All Rights Reserved.
Michael Kenna with his wife Mamta and Sarah Spencer. © Jack Wasserbach. All Rights Reserved.