To renew your membership in our new system, it may seem like you’re starting a new membership, but you really aren’t. To renew, make sure you are logged in! (If you do not log in, you’ll go all the way thru the renewal process, and it will fail with a message that your account already exists. Be sure to log in first!)
Here’s all you need to do:
- log into “My Account”, which you will find under the “Home” menu. (Do not select “log in/out”!)
- You will see your “Dashboard” and beneath that “My Memberships.”
- In the next section down, you’ll see your plan name, when it started and under the “status” column the word ‘expired’. (You cannot renew if you are not yet expired, and do not see the word ‘expired’.)
- At the end of that line, you’ll see “Renew.”
- Just click on “renew” (it’s a link) and you’ll be taken to the membership page. Select the membership level you’d like, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Help! I tried, but it’s not working!
- If you cannot log in, it may be that the login name (which can be your email address on file with us) is not recognized. If necessary, please email us at: email@example.com and we’ll look it up for you.
- It could be that you have the wrong password. Just click on “Lost your password?” and you’ll be emailed instructions on how to reset it.
- It could be that your membership was expired when we transitioned to this new system and your membership wasn’t included in the new, ”active member” database. If this is the case, simply click here to join again with your preferred email and a new account will be created. We suggest that you call the office, or email us to verify that rejoining is required.
Thank you again for your support of photography and the Center for Photographic Art.
Our New Membership Features !
About our new membership system:
The CPA has at long-last implemented a new and modern membership format, and will be continually adding new features exclusively for members only.
Like all the other sites you’re already familiar with, you’ll have your own account with a user name and password. Your sustaining membership is just like PBS, and will automatically renew, so you are now free from endless reminders. Please see the additional information about your new account. And, you will have full control of your account and billing. You can even (horrors!) cancel it without having to call the office.
You will have special discounts on CPA products and workshops. Now members can now purchase images from our limited special-edition Fine Print Program… and at a discount!
Some features of the website now require membership to access, such as interviews and videos. New special features for members will be added in the near future.
These new, exciting and convenient features have been a long time coming, and we are delighted to have you along on our new website!
Just like PBS, our new sustaining memberships will automatically renew each year. You will receive an email a month before that happens, (and another a week before) just as a friendly reminder. These are just courtesy notifications, and do not require you to do anything. On the other hand, if you disagree with the sustaining arrangement, then simply wait for the reminder email, and log in to your account and cancel it at that time. Otherwise, simply ignore the reminder email, and your renewal will be processed automatically.
That said, we will still need your help in updating your membership in the new system.
- Since we do not keep your credit-card information, when your current membership expires, you will need to renew it manually. After that, it’s all automatic.
- Your membership password. Your login “name” is the email associated with your account. But passwords are private, so we could not transfer them. You will need to create a new one. To do this, click on “My Account” and then click on “Lost your password?” beneath the text-entry field. Fill in your email address (the one we use to reach you) on the resulting screen, and you will be emailed a special link you can click to enter the new password of your choosing. NOTE: The site automatically offers a recommendation about the strength of your password– but you can enter any password, as long as it rises to the level of “medium” security or higher. If your password choice shows up as “weak” keep trying new passwords until the “weak” message changes to “medium” or higher. Please do not lose or forget your password—it’s very secure and CPA cannot recover it!
- Please check your account information (address, phone and so on) to make sure it’s correct, and change it if necessary.There is an additional “Help / FAQ” menu item under the “HOME” menu, with answers to common questions as well.
Thank you for your patience during this one-time transition period, we sincerely appreciate your membership with the Center for Photographic Art! We’ll send you further information about exciting new member benefits soon.